Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paul Newman - RIP


There is NO way we can talk about cinema, movies, etc., without taking a moment to remember Paul Newman, who died Friday after battling cancer.

Please take a moment to read his obituary on the Poughkeepsie Journal Web site.

My favorite Paul Newman movie, hands down, was "The Sting." But I have to say that his portrayal of the tragic attorney Frank Galvin in "The Verdict" was, in my opinion, one of the finest examples of acting I will ever enjoy.

But my strongest memory is from being a kid, and rolling my eyes everytime my mother and three sisters would exclaim how big a crush they all had on Mr. Newman.....

You can read more about Mr. Newman by clicking here.

We should also remember that his movie, "Nobody's Fool," was filmed partly in Beacon, and a long-time, well-known race car driver, Newman raced often at Lime Rock, the race track just over the northern Dutchess border, in Lakeville, northwestern Connecticut.

No comments: