Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Almost time to say Good Bye

So, its the middle of my last day in Sundance. A bit sad, to be leaving everyone and everything, but also excited about going back home. Already set up a bunch of follow up meetings in NYC after my return, so its all to be continued.

One of the main subject of conversation here is that nothing, yet, really stands out as a runaway hit, the new LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE. Everyone is always in search of a film that will blow them away, myself included, but so far, that is not really happening.

However, there is a good number of pretty good films. Some of which actually sold for record sum, such as HAMLET 2 which was bought by Focus Features for 10 million... Focus, who distribute ATONMENET this year, among other films, definitely know what they are doing, so I'm sure the film will be a success.

I talk here to the various sale reps about the films I think would be good for Woodstock. Those conversations will continue throughout the year of course, as we put together our lineup for the 9th annual event in October. I know it will be absolutely great!

Hearing of some of the mishaps that have happened to many here, including loss of cell phones (I believe 12 cell phones disappeared at one single party alone, none of which, I bet, had Paris Hilton's number on them, but I'm sure there were plenty of numbers for directors, producers, and other important folks), I'm glad that the only bad thing that happened to me so far was the loss of two pair of gloves... Rest has been pretty good, despite the cold and the running around all day.

Well, I have a couple more movies today, coupld of parties, and one important meeting, and then - off to the East Coast. So better go downstairs (at the Yarrow) to see Melissa Leo for a few minutes, and then to Main Street for another filmmakers/press reception.

Gotta go.

No comments: