Friday, October 12, 2007

BRAVO Woodstock Film Festival!

Bravo!
I saw "In Search of A Midnight Kiss" Friday afternoon at the Bearsville Theater and OH MY GOODNESS. I walked out not knowing whether I should cry uncontrollably or roll on the floor laughing. This movie had it all. It was better than great. I could have watched it over again, start to finish, as soon as it ended.

"Midnight Kiss" will be screened again at 5:30 p.m. Sunday at Upstate Films I in Rhinbeck. I just might go again.

The characters were what made this story, which I thought was headed for a train wreck because it started out with two cliches.....the loser, video store clerk who hasn't had a date in six years and the New Year's Eve quest to find someone to lock lips with at midnight.

But the characters were DEEEEEEEP: The flirtatious fiancee-to-be who never crosses the line of infidelity; the Judge Reinhold-look alike who was a goofy romantic; the loser video guy; the aggressive blonde with the psycho boyfriend; AND it had the voice of Nic Harcourt, the former Woodstock resident and morning DJ on WDST who is now a nationally-syndicated DJ out of Santa Monica, Calif. Nic got some nice cheers as the credits were rolling and Ike Phillips, one of the movers and shakers over there at WDST, was in attendance.

Actually, my colleague at the Journal, arts writer Kathleen Murray, tipped me off to Nic's role in the movie. I don't know that I would have selected it otherwise, as it looked like a real date movie. THANKS KATHLEEN!


So thank you, Woodstock Film Festival. Thank you for my "Star Wars"/"It's a Wonderful Life moment."

As if the beautiful late afternoon light wasn't enough on my drive from downtown Woodstock to the Bearsville Theater. mmmmmmm. Good stuff.

Did I mention I liked the movie?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

dangle watermarking composed applets abuse clockwise andb arrivals paul vlpl extensible
lolikneri havaqatsu

Anonymous said...

hi ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching for the sake of that singular brand. The prices seeking the boots are about 200 bucks on every page. But completely I found this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices for the velcros were about 170 pounds everwhere. But for all I base this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are approximately 230 pounds everwhere. But for all I base this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good morning people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that particular model. The prices for the shoes were around 220 bucks on every site. But finally I found this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that particular make. The prices for the sneakers are approximately 180 bucks everwhere. But completely I set this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what do you think?