Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rested and Ready to rock

Ok. I had some sleep and I am on my third cup of black tea.

I am at the Poughkeepsie Journal and just hung up with Greg Gattine of WDST, who was surprisingly nice about the pictures I took at last night's WFF party. Greg is usually not shy - not shy at all - about slamming my photography abilities, live on the air, any chance he gets. Yeah Greg...it's real hard to talk into a microphone, eat donuts from Bread Alone, pound great coffee and play records all day. My heart really goes out to ya!

Just kidding...who loves ya, buddy??!!

So, this morning I will file a monster story I have written that looks at the legacies of two iconic figures - Bob Dylan and Neal Cassady - who are both being profiled in films at this year's Woodstock Film Festival. "Neal Cassady" shows tonight at the Bearsville Theater and again somewhere else, I can't think of it right now. Neal was a friend of Jack Kerouac's and he was the inspiration for the Dean Moriarity character in Kerouac's "On the Road." All I'll say about my story is that I found a Putnam County man who knew Cassady well and knows Dylan.

So this morning, Poughkeepsie Journal videographer Chrissie Williams, otherwise known as the queen of the blogs and one-half of the VERY popular "Odd Couple" blog,, will be up in Woodstock with me, filming film fest executive director Meira Blaustein for a video tour of the town and film fest. As I just told Greg Gattine on the air, if I know Chrissie, the video will be edited and posted even before she makes it back to Poughkeepsie.

More later...I need more tea.

No comments: