Friday, October 12, 2007

Rock queens go to the movies

I saw Natalie Merchant in the audience of the sold-out screening of Robert Stone's "Oswald's Ghost" documentary at Upstate Films tonight. Back in Woodstock, I was sitting a few seats down from Kate Pierson at the presentation of "Reservation Road."

I'll talk more about the films I saw today in tomorrow's posting. But if I may make a few quick recommendations:

"How to Cook Your Life," aka "Zen and the art of bread making," is for all you foodies, Buddhists and foodie/Buddhists out there. This is playing Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at the Catskill Mountain Foundation Theater in Hudson.

If you've got a baby boomer in your life -- and who doesn't -- take her to "Oswald's Ghost." It's playing Sunday at 1:30 p.m. at Bearsville Theater.

"Reservation Road" is for anyone who has ever experienced loss. It's got great suspense and an excellent cast: Joaquin Phoenix, Jennifer Connelly, Mark Ruffalo and Mira Sorvino. It's playing Saturday at 9:45 p.m. at the Rosendale Theatre.

1 comment:

Ann Marie Woolsey said...

Hey....I think I saw Lorraine Bracco (behind the concession stand at Bearsville)...any word about her hanging out at the fest.?

Last night I sat next to Michael Lang.