Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The film fest is long over, but the movies continue........

For some reason, the aura of the film fest lingers...I am getting slammed by movies.

- My wife and I have been trying to set aside time to watch Michael Moore's "Sicko" for weeks (we got it from Netflix.)

- I just got a DVD of the Tom Petty documentary, "Running Down A Dream."

- I still have to watch the interview with former UN General Secretary Kofi Annan, that is part of the documentary on the U.N. and Darfur that was screened at the WFF, and which was excellent. But this interview wasn't part of the documentary, so I am anxious to see it.

- And I am trying to block out time to see Oliver Stone's "W." This film should be a hoot. I am a big fan of Oliver Stone's, with "JFK" and "The Doors." And I am NOT a big fan of W.

- Thankfully, I did make time to see "All Together Now," the documentary on The Beatles show put together by Cirque Du Soleil, which I missed at the WFF. It was simply fantastic and I am looking forward to watching it again, when I am not on deadline to write a story about it......

More to come once I see all these dang movies......

No comments: