Sunday, October 5, 2008

Uptown Saturday Night

You would not have believed the scene on Wall Street and Front Street in Uptown Kingston Saturday night.

The awards were at Backstage Studio Productions on Wall Street, and after the ceremony, being the old man that I am, I forewent the after hang and went home. But Uptown was J-U-M-P-I-N-G.

Maybe it's always like this? It was a scene-and-a-half, just like New York City, which just added to the whole Woodstock Film Festival mojo.

So I am walking south on Front Street and I see Kevin Smith, award in hand, about to get into a monster SUV. I hand him my card, but there was a crowd of people on the sidewalk, who had obviously just left a bar, hugging the guy, and saying repeatedly, "I can't believe it's him." It was like they had seen the president or Derek Jeter.

It was very cool.

I actually walked a couple block with the guy who presented the award to Kevin and we both agreed that Smith should be doing standup.

No comments: