Thursday, October 2, 2008

On to today - the U.N. and the NYPD.

Having woken up at 5:30 a.m. today to post, I am two cups of tea into the day and ready to rage.

I will head up to Woodstock and the Colony Cafe this morning, probably about 11:30 or so, and try to make the q and a that Bela will hold after the noon screening "Thrown Down Your Heart" at the Bearsville Theater.

Then I'll blog, blog, blog. and I'm thinking of going standby on "Eden" at the Bearsville Theater at 3 p.m., then I'll be taking in "Diplomacy: The Responsibility to Protect" to learn about those rocket scientists at the United Nations Security Council and tonight at 9:30 I'll see "Pride and Glory" with Colin Farrell and Ed Norton.

"Pride and Glory" is about several generations of the same family who are in the New York City Police Department. My dad was on the job for 33 years and just about every other cousin, uncle and friend of mine is a New York City cop, it's just one of the blessings of being Irish and from New York City. I'm VERY interested to see if they got it right. And I will keep in mind that my Dad often said that the most accurate portrayal in either television or film of the NYPD could be found in "Barney Miller."

Be sure to check back here often today, as I'll be blogging, blogging, blogging.

No comments: